In Pain Clinic of ANAPLASI our specialized and experienced Physiatrist evaluates the patient with acute pain or chronic pain. According to the diagnosis, treatment is directed at the underlying condition and/or at ameliorating the pain with analgesic therapy.
The physiatrist may prescribe analgesic medication or recommend specific analgesic techniques.
Specialised techniques practiced in by the physiatrist in ANAPLASI include:
- Infiltration of sympathetic nerves
- Infiltration of the stellate ganglion
- Intra-articular injections
- Injection of sensitive pain points (Trigger points)
- Injections of Botulinin toxin type A under EMG monitoring (for severe muscle spasm)
Epidural infusions are administered only by an anaesthetist.
Non- invasive techniques may include:
- Application of TENS machine
In addition patients with musculoskeletal pain may be advised on exercises to strengthen muscles, improve posture and avoid stress or injury to the affected part.